3D print a piece of African American history and culture.
@i3Dsd's SiliconGraphics Computer Systems (SGI) logo
- SGI was co-founded by computer scientist Marc Hannah and based on his work.
@jsc's Cat Disuader
- This design incorporates a Supersoaker, which was invited by Air Force and NASA scientist Lonnie Johnson.
@jonnor's Electret Microphone
- The Electroacoustic Transducer Electret Microphone was invented by James West, with Gerhard Sessler, and patented in 1962. Nearly all microphones in use today are based on their concept.
- @adafruit's NeoPixel Gas Mask
- The modern day gas mask was invented by Garrett Morgan, who's other inventions include the first traffic signals to be used nationwide in the USA.
Discover more black inventors:
- 20 Black Inventions Over The Last 100 Years You May Not Know
- Major Inventions by African-Americans
- The Black Inventor Online Museum
- Famous Black Inventors
- The History Makers