EFFECTIVE DATE: APRIL 28, 2016
Summary of Key Changes:
- Makerbot may collect personal data such as your name and address and non-personal data such as device information and IP address, which could be used to derive location, in order to provide better experiences and services to our users. Non-personal data may be associated to your Makerbot account to become personal data if your Makerbot account is used.
- Makerbot may collect usage statistics associated with your use of our 3D Printing Ecosystem. This information may include types of actions, your IP address, and your Makerbot Account. The policies regarding this data use have been included in the end user license agreements associated with the particular applications.
- Makerbot may aggregate these various pieces of information in order to inform business decisions and provider better services to Makerbot users.
Other than the above, the way that we use and disclose your personal information, and the choices you have, remain the same.
2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13, and neither our Site nor our Services are intended for children under this age.
3. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Non-Personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Non-Personal Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data as described below.
(A) Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, your industry, and password when you create a Company Account.
We retain information on your behalf, such as designs and other files and messages that you store using your Company Account.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail for any purpose, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, such as a product serial number.
When you participate in one or more activities through our Sites and Services or directed at our official social media handles, including, but not limited to, our surveys, contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, and educational or training classes, we may collect the additional information provided by you for such participation. You should read the separate terms and conditions that govern these activities.
When you post messages or other content on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it, including in commercial contexts. For example, we collect the profile name and profile photo you may post to the Sites, and actions you take on our Sites or on third-party applications connected to your Company Account through the use of our Services.
We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
B) Information Collected via Technology
To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, unique system/hardware identifier, a date/time stamp for your visit and/or any other unique attributes that are available to us via your use of our Sites, Services, and technology.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). MakerBot may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Company Account.
We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide MakerBot with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
We may collect certain usage statistics (the "Usage Statistics"). The Usage Statistics may include, but are not limited to date and time of action (such as, for example, when you print a file, purchase a product or browse the Sites), type of action, any parameters associated with the type of action, your IP address, and your user Thingiverse/MakerBot ID. The Thingiverse/MakerBot ID will only be shared if you are also logged in to the Thingiverse/MakerBot website and/or relevant parts of the MakerBot Ecosystem.
(C) Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Non-Personal Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
For more information on Google, please read:
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
(A) GENERAL USE. In general, we use your Personal Data to administer and improve the Sites and Services, to track your movement around the Sites, to protect MakerBot and our Users. Personal Data may either be used to respond to your requests, and to offer more personally tailored content and services. For example, some of the Personal Data we collect may be used so that when you visit the Site or use the Services again, it will recognize you and could provide you more relevant content suggestions on Thingiverse, customized search results, or other information appropriate to your interests.
We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Company Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- to show certain Company Account information such as your profile name and profile photo when you post on Thingiverse
- to combine across our different Services, such as, for example, applying your shipping information from one Service to another to make it easier for you to fill in
- to allow you share digital content, including designs files for printable objects with other users;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services, including notifying you about upcoming changes or improvements;
- to send you service messages such as a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Company Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, support, update, and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries, including but not limited to employment opportunities;
- to help you solve any issues you contact us about. In such cases, we may keep a record of your communication.
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback or to notify you if we have your permission; and to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(B) Creation of Non-Personal Data. We may create Non-Personal Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Non-Personal Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Non-Personal Data for any purpose and disclose Non-Personal Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
(A) INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers: to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company. When you use third party Applications or other services that use, or are integrated with, the MakerBot Ecosystem, they may receive information about what you already share publicly. Information shared publicly may be made available via the Application. For example, the Developer may get information about your User Content and/or your public profile. Information collected by these Applications or integrated services is also subject to their own terms and policies.
7. THIRD PARTY DATA COLLECTION.
(A) INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO AD NETWORKS. We may use third-party advertising companies services to serve and show you ads when you visit our Site and on other websites. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
8. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
(A) CHOICES. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
(I) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(B) CHANGES TO PERSONAL DATA. You may access and change any of your Personal Data in your Company Account by editing your profile within your Company Account or by contacting us at the web form in Section 11 below. You may request deletion of your Company Account or certain Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but certain past Personal Data may remain in our archives. We may retain, use, or disclose your information to prevent or detect fraud or similar purposes.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Company Account information. Please do not disclose your Company Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. DO NOT TRACK. Currently, (i) other parties (e.g. third-party advertising networks and analytics providers) may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website or services, and (ii) we do not respond to, or take any specific action in connection with the receipt of, Do-Not-Track signals or other similar mechanisms regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.