Geordi Laforge Visor
by DrewSmith007, published
This is a replica of the visor worn by Levar Burton as Geordi Laforge on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
There were several versions, and these aren't perfect to any of them. But they're close...
I had more detailed instructions here, but when I uploaded another file they were erased. So, sorry if these aren't detailed, but I don't feel like typing them again. Feel free to ask me any questions.
- Print out both parts
- While they're printing, cut 50, 7/8" pieces of 1/8" diameter brass rod or tube. It's available at hobby lobby in the model train area. You'll probably need 2 packages of 3, 12" pieces.
3.Sand and fill the 2 printed pieces to your liking.
4.Glue the rods in the holes of 1 side only. You might have to redrill the holes, I did.
5.Glue the rods into the other side.
6.Glue, or use filler to close the gap (if any) between the two pieces.
7.Sand and fill all cracks, then sand some more until you're happy with the finish.
8.Mask the brass rods with tape. I used blue painters tape, it worked well.
9.Paint, then I recommend a clear coat as well.
- (Optional) Find an event where Levar Burton is appearing, and have him sign them!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Geordi Laforge Visor by DrewSmith007 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure DrewSmith007 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).