This Thing is currently under moderation: due to violation of terms of service
Files and images for this Thing are currently unavailable.
microadjustable z-axis opto holder for mendel
by hariseldon, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is an holder for the z-axis opto stopper, thought to be adjustable with a screw.
Please let me know if you find holes are too large/ too small. I printed it with a tolerance of 1 mm but you can change it in the openscad file with the E variable.
Please flattr me if you find it useful!
The stl is generated with 1 mm of tolerance. If your printer is very precise modify the openscad file setting the E value to 0.
1) print the parts
2) drill the bar clamp with an 8mm drill bit, the thightening holes with 3mm and the long screw holes with 4mm. Maybe it's not necessary if your printer is very precise.
3) insert an M4 nut into the opto mount hole. I found it easier warming the nut on a candle flame, so the pla will soften while inserting it, and will cool around it more tight.
4) insert the opto mount into the clamp, look if the holes are lined correctly. If not just sand a bit the mount so it goes deeper into the clamp
5) insert an m4 screw or bolt, long at least 35 mm, in the clamp holes, carefully passing through the nut mounted in the opto mount. use a washer so the screw/bolt will not damage the clamp.
6) put a washer and a nylock nut on the other side of the m4 screw.
7) clamp the object to the z-axis bar of your mendel. thighten it with one or two m3 screws/bolts
8) now you can adjust the endstop position by turning the m4 screw, with great precision!
microadjustable z-axis opto holder for mendel by hariseldon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hariseldon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hariseldon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).