by noreway, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
An usefull helper for the first steps using my printrbot and dremel as a mil.
I used the manual control buttons in pronterface. The result is good for the first try, but takes a long time.
The dremel mount has some troubles with the forces during milling. I did the first round with a clearance of 0.5mm (the result was between ~0.2 and 1mm clearance). After that I removed 0.1mm per round only in order to keep the forces deep.
Used tool: 3.2mm high speed cutter
- Print the needed parts
- Drill and countersink some holes in the base plate (the two holes in the block have a distance of 40mm)
- Push 12 nuts into the 2 blocks
- Prepare 6 nuts for the jaws (destroy the thread on one side of the nuts, so that the screw get stuck)
- Mount the vices as shown in the pictures
- 2x printed blocks
- 2x printed jaws
- 1x base plate (plywood)
- 4x M3x10mm flat (countersink) head screws
- 22x M3 nuts
- 6x M3x60mm screws (or threaded bars with 6 nuts and 6 lock nuts as heads)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Milling Vise by noreway is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving noreway a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure noreway would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).