Espresso knockbox coffee can
by ewindisch, published
Used Espresso grinds have to go somewhere!
Knockboxes can start at $30 each... but you can make one at home for the cost of a flexi-straw, a screw, and an old coffee can!
Note that because there is no shock absorption, this could damage your portaholder or filter baskets. So far, I haven't noticed any damage to my own equipment, but your mileage may vary.
Flexi-straws are food-safe, but if it cracks, it could expose the non-safe screw underneath. For maximum safety, I recommend using a stainless steel screw. Warning: I do not guarantee the food safety of this Thing.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You will need:
1) Empty coffee can
2) 5" long stainless steel screw and matching nut
- Drill holes near top of coffee can.
- Cut flexi-straw to fit over the long screw.
- Slide screw through side of the coffee can,
covering the threads with the straw.
- Attach nut.
- Knock the coffee out of your portafilter!