Espresso knockbox coffee can
by ewindisch, published
Used Espresso grinds have to go somewhere!
Knockboxes can start at $30 each... but you can make one at home for the cost of a flexi-straw, a screw, and an old coffee can!
Note that because there is no shock absorption, this could damage your portaholder or filter baskets. So far, I haven't noticed any damage to my own equipment, but your mileage may vary.
Flexi-straws are food-safe, but if it cracks, it could expose the non-safe screw underneath. For maximum safety, I recommend using a stainless steel screw. Warning: I do not guarantee the food safety of this Thing.
You will need:
1) Empty coffee can
2) 5" long stainless steel screw and matching nut
- Drill holes near top of coffee can.
- Cut flexi-straw to fit over the long screw.
- Slide screw through side of the coffee can,
covering the threads with the straw.
- Attach nut.
- Knock the coffee out of your portafilter!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Espresso knockbox coffee can by ewindisch is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ewindisch a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ewindisch would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).