Scion tC Replacement Key Buttons
by hockenmaier, published
The early Scion tC models (mine is a 2005) have very poor quality key remote buttons to unlock and lock the car. I had to replace mine- I hope this helps out someone else!
If you like my designs, let me know with a little bitcoin:
I printed the faceplate with support but it was a little tough to remove. All the other files should print just fine with no support.
Once all pieces are printed:
- Remove the black flexible membrane from the original key
- Insert the buttons into the faceplate upside-down
- Add a dab of super glue to the 3 corners of the key where the plate will touch it
- keep holding the face plate and buttons upside down, and flip the key over on top of it
- Press the face plate against the key for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your repaired key!