Scion tC Replacement Key Buttons
by hockenmaier, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The early Scion tC models (mine is a 2005) have very poor quality key remote buttons to unlock and lock the car. I had to replace mine- I hope this helps out someone else!
I printed the faceplate with support but it was a little tough to remove. All the other files should print just fine with no support.
Once all pieces are printed:
- Remove the black flexible membrane from the original key
- Insert the buttons into the faceplate upside-down
- Add a dab of super glue to the 3 corners of the key where the plate will touch it
- keep holding the face plate and buttons upside down, and flip the key over on top of it
- Press the face plate against the key for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your repaired key!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Scion tC Replacement Key Buttons by hockenmaier is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hockenmaier a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hockenmaier would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).