Scion tC Replacement Key Buttons
by hockenmaier, published
The early Scion tC models (mine is a 2005) have very poor quality key remote buttons to unlock and lock the car. I had to replace mine- I hope this helps out someone else!
I printed the faceplate with support but it was a little tough to remove. All the other files should print just fine with no support.
Once all pieces are printed:
- Remove the black flexible membrane from the original key
- Insert the buttons into the faceplate upside-down
- Add a dab of super glue to the 3 corners of the key where the plate will touch it
- keep holding the face plate and buttons upside down, and flip the key over on top of it
- Press the face plate against the key for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your repaired key!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Scion tC Replacement Key Buttons by hockenmaier is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hockenmaier a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hockenmaier would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).