Official Filastruder Enclosure
by OSPrinting, published
This is the official Filastruder Enclosure. This is everything you need to turn your DIY Filastruder kit into a lean mean fighting machine.
The goal of this is to upgrade the base kit into a fully assembled Filastruder.
22x 8-32 screw 1/2"
12x 8-32 nut
3x 8-32 1.25Ã¢Â€Â screw
4x 1/4 Washer
2x 8-32 2Ã¢Â€Â screw
4x Guide bar (printed part)
1x Guide Base (printed part)
18x 8-32 Threaded Inserts
4x 1/4-20 T nut or regular nuts will work
80mm Fan if you don't already have one.
Please note that to upgrade your kit, you will need to break down your current extruder. Please be safe. Before beginning, review the drawings to get a good idea how it will go together and what need to be done.
- DL the layouts and stl files.
- Print up the needed parts and cut out the 1/4 plywood parts and 1/2 plywood parts. Note to add some play to the tabs when cutting. This will make your life so much easier when assembling.
- The 1/2 supports will need the holes drilled into the side. This requires a 1/4 drill bit. The depth of cut is .4". Reference the drawing (Support Drilling) on where to drill.
- Screw in the threaded inserts. Make sure not to drill all the way through. This will cause the wood to crack.
- Build the hot end assembly. Review the document before starting. There are some key things to watch out for.
- Start putting everything together. Reference the final assembly drawing for help.
- Put together the fan assembly.
- Have fun with your amazingly stunning machine. Take the time to learn how the new setup extrudes.
Feedback is always welcome and if you can think of any way we can improve. Please let us know.
Update: The Guide base has been updated to increase the strength of the part.
7/26/13- I have added dxf for the enclosure. You can find them in the Enclosure dxf.zip. In that same folder you will find OSP009v1.1. That should be the only part that needs to change in order to upgrade a kit to a fully assembled.