Topwater Frog - Fishing Lure
by scorch, published
This item is a top water frog fishing lure that I printed using silicone caulk.
The rear legs are thin enough to move when pulled through the water for a little leg action.
I made my version using slic3r to generate the g-code from the posted STL file. My printer is a CNC converted Sieg X3 with a homemade plunger type extruder set up on a fourth axis stepper motor.
For items such as this frog that have a thick body I typically print with 100% fill and wait about 24 hours for the outside to cure. After the 24 hours I cut a slot in the body and squeeze out the uncured silicone. This generally works better than a fractional fill, however, I have had some success with fractional fills also.