Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
by pfnegrini, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
First version of Pi camera.
I was not able to find a good camera support with pan and tilt functionalities so I made one. Please not this thing requires some amount of tinkering (soldering, connecting electronic components, etc).
I also wrote a short post with link to Github repository on my blog.
Let me know what you think!
1/ the camera flat cable is not the best choice for pan and tilt applications. So far worked well nonetheless. The design is already compatible with a round cable.
2/ requires a thin tool like a screw driver to access the SD card release mechanism. This will be solved in further releases
- 30 cm FPC camera ribbon (http://www.ebay.ch/itm/Ribbon-FPC-15pin-1mm-Pitch-30cm-flat-Wire-Cable-for-Raspberry-Pi-Camera-Module-/271557924455?hash=item3f3a1d1667)
- DC Power Apply Pinboard 5.5x2.1mm Adapter Plate (http://www.ebay.ch/itm/DC-Power-Apply-Pinboard-5-5x2-1mm-Adapter-Plate-/370890293427?hash=item565ac8c0b3)
- LM2596 Step Down Module DC-DC Buck Converter (http://www.ebay.ch/itm/LM2596-Step-Down-Module-DC-DC-Buck-Converter-Power-Supply-Output-1-23V-30V-New-/251066005460?hash=item3a74b337d4)
- SG 90 servos (http://www.ebay.ch/itm/10pcs-SG90-9G-micro-servo-motor-RC-Robot-Helicopter-Airplane-controls-/400980196653?hash=item5d5c483d2d)
- nuts, bolts and wires
Basically you need a power regulator to ensure a steady supply for the Raspberry Pi and the servos plus a power distribution board (big name, just 3 lines of a prototype board will do).
Below some pictures of my setup.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Pi-Cam by pfnegrini is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving pfnegrini a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure pfnegrini would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).