TARDIS Lollipop Mold
by Bioluminescence, published
Using food-safe silicone sealant, a lot of patience, and a good lollipop recipe, you too can have TARDIS shaped lollipops to keep the kids (both big and small) quiet when the new Doctor Who episodes start up again.
You will require -
--Very strong glue (hot glue is only barely good enough)
--Food safe silicone sealant (such as Dap 08641, about $7 a tube)
--Cream of Tartar
To Make a Mold
- Print one each of Part1 and Part2.
- Glue these together with the bottom of the TARDIS-shaped positive flush up against the lollipop-stick-indentation inside the box. This glue must be STRONG!
- Wearing the gloves, smear food-safe silicone sealant inside the box and over the TARDIS positive. Get it in to all the corners as best you can.
3a. Try to make this first layer thin - it will help with the silicone curing. Many thin layers are better than one mega-thick layer here!
- Wait, and let it cure. It will stink of vinegar. Wait a couple of days.
- Repeat parts 3 and 4 until you've built up the box to the top with sealant.
- Once it's fully cured, carefully peel your mold out of the box. If you used hot glue, you'll probably peel the positive out of the box, like I did!
- Let it cure for a while yet, and give it a rinse in water. It will still stink of vinegar.
Admire your new TARDIS lollipop mold! The detail is pretty incredible - you'll be able to make out the individual printing lines, but in the final lollipop, it will smooth out quickly.
To Make a Lollipop
- Rinse your mold and carefully dry it.
- Follow this recipe:
2a. Beware your sugar continuing to heat up after 300 degrees. Take it off the heat and perhaps even pour it into a pyrex jug. Burnt sugar isn't nice.
- When cooled, peel off the silicone mold. Note - you do not need to oil the silicone mold, it peels off beautifully without, and no-one likes oily lollipops.
Other Custom Lollipops
Of course, the two part mold means you could create a non-TARDIS positive for your lollipop mold shape - anything of that approximate depth, with enough bottom area to attach to the stick is fair game.
Stephen Colbert head?
If you can print it, you can suck it! ;)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
TARDIS Lollipop Mold by Bioluminescence is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Bioluminescence a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Bioluminescence would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).