Loading

Ultimaker Z-axis end-switch fine-adjuster

by GeneralRulofDumb, published

Ultimaker Z-axis end-switch fine-adjuster by GeneralRulofDumb Aug 25, 2011

Description

Enables you to fine-adjust the zero set-point of the Z-stage of the Ultimaker.

Recent Comments

view all

You needed to flip the switch over. See some of the other "I made one" pics.

Thanks...

From looking at the drawings, it looks like you flip the switch around and then attach it with the new holes. Then it will line up with the screw on the adjuster.

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print, clean inside thoroughly.

After that:
- drill a Ø3mm hole according to drawing,
- reposition end-switch
- remove (pop) metal leaf-spring of the end-switch (irreversebly, new end switches come cheap)
- assemble and fixate 'Ultmaker Z-axis end-switch fine-adjuster' using a M3x16 bolt
- level the print-bed e.g. by sliding a piece of paper between bed and nozzle as an indication
- fine adjust zero value of Z-stage using a long M3 bolt

Happy printing !

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Firebird_UM on Apr 9, 2012 said:

Thanks...

mikeq on Dec 2, 2011 said:

From looking at the drawings, it looks like you flip the switch around and then attach it with the new holes. Then it will line up with the screw on the adjuster.

Cbonsig on Nov 26, 2011 said:

By the way: if you're in the mood to fine tune your Z-axis, its a great idea to get your stage level too. Here's a nice method using some foil, alligator clips, and continuity tester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...
&
amp;list=LLsnnsK-YrTPuwKEOjD5wWEA
&
amp;index=1

Cbonsig on Nov 26, 2011 said:

This thing didn't work quite right for my kit, received November 2011. The design of the limit switches must have changed, because after breaking off the leaf spring, the little switch was about 4.6mm closer to the left side of the box than the screw that is intended to engage it. I had to drill a couple of new 3mm holes to make it work. Some pictures of the problem and the fix are posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/c...

cyclone on May 10, 2012 said:

You needed to flip the switch over. See some of the other "I made one" pics.

danny on Nov 19, 2011 said:

Works perfect!

DaveD on Oct 19, 2011 said:

This works really, really well.. My 1st-layer feed
&
amp; flow rates are almost identical now (.4 and .42) and it's always right on the money, every time - no more messing with z at the start of a print.

Nice!!

GeneralRulofDumb on Aug 26, 2011 said:

Thanks JvandenBoogert,

hadn't thought about that.

JvandenBoogert on Aug 26, 2011 said:

maybe you should tag this thing with Ultimaker, soo people can find it

droftarts on Aug 26, 2011 said:

I think anyone can tag it with anything they want!

Top