Folded plastic lamp shade
by hakalan, published
A fake folded paper lamp shade which fits a standard E14/E27 LED bulb.
I used the scripts from Scripted vases to generate this stl.
Here is how to build it:
- Print it as a vase: No infill, no top layers, a few bottom layers, one perimeter. (Mine is flexible, but not too fragile.)
- Find a suitable lamp holder. This is what I used:
- Drill a hole in the base of the lamp. For the parts above, a 10 mm hole is suitable to fit between the strain relief and the lamp holder.
- Mount the lamp holder and don't forget the cord...
PLEASE only use a low power LED bulb and check that it does not get too hot. If you use a regular light bulb (15W or more), the plastic will probably melt, catch fire and burn down your house and family.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Folded plastic lamp shade by hakalan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hakalan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hakalan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).