Cloverleaf 5.8G antenna cover (compatible for 90 degree adaptor)
by brianhomer, published
I bought a pair of cloverleaf 5.8G antennas from the shop and found the product itself with cover is more then double. Therefore, I made the pair of the covers for my antenna. Of course, you can make your own one with the following reference.
1) The link about cloverleaf for your reference.
2) If you want make your own cloverleaf antenna from scratch. the following tools is good for you to build one.
By the way, I browse a lot of on line stores and found their antenna rod some is short and some is long. Make sure if you use this covers, the rod from the leaf to SMA should has at least 3 inches then will be better.
Also, this size is only fit for 5.8G. 2.4G and 1.2G does not fit. Please note.
1) Bought the appropriate antenna
2) Print the stuffs from your 3D printer better use ABS, but PLA should be okay. However, I didn't tried yet.
3) Before put through the antenna to the bottom, put the adhesive around the inside and outside of the inserts (left and right). this is to secure the rod and the insert to the bottom.
4) when the captioned done. Put the cover on . also remember add some adhesive around the edge on both cover inner side and bottom.outer adge upwards area.