Loading

High Quality Pliers

by russrobot, published

High Quality Pliers by russrobot Sep 8, 2011

Featured Thing!

Description

This a pair of snap together pliers that I designed as a demonstration part to teach other students how to use the university's 3D printer. It was designed in Solidworks and built on a Stratasys 3D Printer.

Recent Comments

view all

Great design. It may be two years late, but it's now my Thing of the Week on 3DGeni.us - read why I like it here:

http://www.3dgeni.us/thing-of-...

Mine snapped as well, but I was planning on beefing this thing up just a bit anyway. I have plenty of ABS glue. I also added a bolt+nut+washers around the center shaft to make them killer good. Thanks to the already sturdy design, they are quite useful!

I printed them, but the center clip snapped when I was trying to clip the two parts together. I'll give it another try.

Very cool design!

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1. Print the left and right STL files
2. Snap them together
3. ???
4. Profit

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

SteveCaplin on Mar 11, 2013 said:

Great design. It may be two years late, but it's now my Thing of the Week on 3DGeni.us - read why I like it here:

http://www.3dgeni.us/thing-of-...

JohnnyDude on Jun 24, 2012 said:

Mine snapped as well, but I was planning on beefing this thing up just a bit anyway. I have plenty of ABS glue. I also added a bolt+nut+washers around the center shaft to make them killer good. Thanks to the already sturdy design, they are quite useful!

InfiniTTTy on Feb 27, 2012 said:

I printed them, but the center clip snapped when I was trying to clip the two parts together. I'll give it another try.

Very cool design!

Syl on Sep 28, 2011 said:

I can't get the right plier to lay flat on the platform. Even tried making a new STL from the SoldWorks file.

The enemy always seems to be me, but can someone help?

thanx . . . syl

[email protected]

RobertHunt on Sep 11, 2011 said:

Rotate the pliers so they go across the build platform from left to right if you want a decent bottom fill. Skeinforge will make lots of short fill movements rather than trying to do a long one that goes down the handles of the pliers.

ssd on Sep 10, 2011 said:

Scaled and rotated in ReplicatorG, printed beautifully.

EvoGenius on Sep 10, 2011 said:

thanks for the solidworks files!!!

JohnA on Sep 9, 2011 said:

The STL file is tiny when you open it up. I had to scale it up 18x to make it reasonable to print.

bld on Sep 9, 2011 said:

Try 25.4x :)

MakerBlock on Sep 9, 2011 said:

It was probably saved in "inches" rather than "mm".

Top