Tie Fighter Body for Hubsan X4 H107L
by cudbur, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
UPDATE 3: Created camera specific version for H107C: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1242547
UPDATE 2: More detailed assembly instructions: http://www.cuddleburrito.com/blog/2015/12/5/tie-fighter-conversion
UPDATE: Fixed "arm - FLAT BOTTOM.stl" to be flat on print side.
Have a ready to fly unit made for you or contact us if you need just the 3D printed parts: https://www.etsy.com/shop/cuddleburrito
Alternate body for Hubsan X4 quadcopter H107L, but 8.5mm motor mounts included too.
CAD available for editing here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6a10f46f9e8b44159a9dab73/w/25197f1e32f249cb87d83d67/e/6d5e5fe625fd4aa2b4b7a19f
- 2 x hull - shell print settings
- 2 x arm - shell print settings
- 4 x motor mount - shell print settings
- 2 x motor arm - shell print settings
- 2 x wing - 0.15mm layer thickness, solid print settings
- Use wire snips to remove extraneous material inside hull. It's a tight fit on purpose, remove and chisel away only what's necessary.
- Once the circuit is snugly in place, I added small dabs from a hot glue gun to 2 sides of circuit board
- Two layers of kapton tape ( http://amzn.to/1SyHXu6 ) separates the circuit board from battery.
- Use the screws that hold the circuit board in a stock Hubsan X4 to fasten the two hull halves together.
- Drill small holes in the motor arms to thread the motor wires through
- The stock motor wires aren't long enough to thread through the arms, so I extended them with wires cut from the x4 part replacement kit
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tie Fighter Body for Hubsan X4 H107L by cudbur is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cudbur a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cudbur would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).