Faberdashery Spanner

by faberdasher, published

Faberdashery Spanner by faberdasher Jul 8, 2013
0 Share
Download This Thing! Customize Order This Printed Tools & Utilities

Thing Info

6954Views 951Downloads Found in Tools
Report Thing


We created this for the Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire. This is the full size model for an M16 nut. However you can shrink it down to fit an M3 nut and create an elf sized spanner like the ones we were giving away. Alternatively, blow it up and print a monster spanner for very, very large nuts!


Space on the handle has been left blank for you to customise with your name in OpenSCAD / Tinkercad.

More from Tools

view more

Thing Info

6954Views 951Downloads Found in Tools
Report Thing

Liked By

View All


Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

You could make one handle with interchangeable fittings to save plastic ..

Neat idea. Although we like to show off our Snazzy colours ;)

Awesome colours! But quite expensive filament.
I won't be using any on spanners if i get any.

Never heard it called a spanner. Just found out that is the British term for wrench. Sounds a lot more interesting than wrench.

In Commonwealth countries it's spanner. Wrench is often used where they're adjustable, like pipe wrenches.

To add to the mess things the adjustable version of the above is known as a 'shifter', short for 'shifting spanner'. The US would call it a 'Crescent'.

I'd gladly call them shifters and spanners if I could just use metric for everything.

tammo - in reply to jetpad

in germany the adjustable wrenches are called "engländer" (english) ;-)

HaniC - in reply to jetpad

Spanner commonly used here in Oz as well.

I think he was referring to the lack of a spanner printed in "tan" in the photo. Speaking of which, do you guys have a photo which has a spanner printed in every colour you sell? A photo of the raw filament doesn't really do it justice, a photo similar to the one above is really useful when comparing colours.

The guys over at Ultimaker show their signature robot printed in the colour of filament they are selling in their store, it is quite useful, you guys might want to consider doing something similar.