One Piece Customizable Spool
by jetpad, published
The spool's width, diameter and spindle size can be customized but its main feature is it prints as a single part without needing any support.
- Added a selection for a smaller spindle.
- Displays estimates for how much the spool can hold by weight and length.
- Performs some basic checks to make sure the spool designed can be printed.
- Does a better job at limiting the diagonal walls to a maximum of 45 degrees.
The side walls of the spool and the spindle are at a maximum of about 45 degrees so it should print easily without any support as a single piece.
I printed the default settings for the spool with 4 walls (or shells) and 20% infill. The default spool settings will hold about a 1/2 kg of filament.
Note: If you still have trouble printing unsupported with the hollow, or shape-removed options, try the non-hollow or non-shape removed options.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
One Piece Customizable Spool by jetpad is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure jetpad would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).