Platform for Yoda
by grokbeer, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I recently printed the awesome Stormtrooper (thingiverse.com/thing:588) and Darth Vader (thingiverse.com/thing:7215) heads and wanted to give Yoda a platform to match.
I imported Yoda along with Darth Vader into OpenSCAD and was quickly able to scale Yoda down and add a platform to suit. Unfortunately I couldn't get OpenSCAD to render Yoda so I was a bit stuck. After trying cloud.netfabb.com and then playing with Meshlab for ages I still couldn't get the model to render and I have no idea how to use Blender. :(
I was about to give up when I realised I could just print the platform I'd designed and then print Yoda separately on top. It worked a treat! :)
- Download platform_for_yoda.stl.
- Download Yoda-Lite.stl or Yoda-SuperLite.stl (I used SuperLite) from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10752.
- Print the platform but when it finishes don't remove it from your printer and keep your heated build platform hot (if you use one).
- Scale Yoda down by 0.75 and recenter the model. Turn off Outline in Skeinforge or you'll have to cut it away afterwards like I had to.
- Align your print head so it is about 4mm or so above your build platform. I aimed for 4mm as that's the height of the printed platform and adjusted it by eye.
- Print Yoda.
- Don't profit or a certain copyright owner might come after you. ;)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Platform for Yoda by grokbeer is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving grokbeer a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure grokbeer would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).