Parametric LED Tea Light
by jetty, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
- Standard CR2032 Battery (Clip in)
- 5mm LED
- Easy Solder
- Ideal light source for your projects
- Optional Switch
- Text for lead identification of LED
Hats can be placed on top of the tea light with a push fit, here are some
- Candle TeaLiight Hat: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1188098
- Christmas Tree Hat: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:193814
(Diameter: 42; Height: 14.65; LED Holder Outer Diameter: 9.8)
- Snowman Hat: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1188099
- https://solarbotics.com/product/bhold2032/ or
Any 5mm LED that has a 3 Volt forward voltage or less will do, here
are some animated suggestions:
- https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11450 (slow color cycle)
- https://www.adafruit.com/products/679 (slow color cycle)
- http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/partsmenu/353 (candle flicker)
The battery holder can be used as a switch by using the built
in clip, but if a switch is desired:
DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk.
MakerBot Replicator 1
Print with exterior support, 0% infill and 0 shells. Larger sizes may require 5% infill.
- Insert battery holder, aligning pins through holes
- Note which LED lead is the longest, this is the positive lead
and needs to connect to the positive terminal on the battery holder (the clip)
- Bend LED leads at 90 degrees close to the base
- Insert LED in holder
- Insert switch in holder if using (clips in, can tack with hot glue if necessary)
- Bend LED leads around battery holder pins
- (If using switch, connect one lead to switch center, and use a piece
of wire to connect from switch outer to battery terminal)
- Solder leads to pins
- Insert battery and test
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric LED Tea Light by jetty is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jetty a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jetty would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).