Recorder V2.2 (instrument)
by cymon, published
EDIT: Updated version on YouMagine: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/recorder-music-instrument
It works! It finally works!
The recorder is one of the oldest woodwind instruments. In the hands of an experienced player it creates a sound synonymous with Renaissance music. Often used in elementary music classes because of it's ease of operation. With 3D printing everyone can have one of their own to make beautiful music on... or wailing screeches if they never got past "hot crossed buns".
Print recorderv2.2.stl with high infill. (Alternately you can print the individual parts.)
Sharpen the edge of the lip to a fine point.
Twist the foot to adjust for comfortable pinky finger placement.
The top of the body and the mouthpiece is connected with a longer connecter to allow for some tuning.
- Note that if you start with all holes covered and remove them one-by-one that the high notes are going to sound flat. That is normal. To get the proper tones for all the notes use the key chart on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder#Recorder_fingering .
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Recorder V2.2 (instrument) by cymon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure cymon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).