Tapster - Mobile Automation Robot
by hugs, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
- Simulates a human finger on a capacitive touchscreen device
- Open source hardware (BSD License)
- 3D printable
- Made with Bitbeam, an open-source 3D printable LEGO-Technic compatible building system.
- Programmed with Node.js + Johnny-Five + Arduino (Nodebots FTW!)
- Designed by the creator of Selenium, the popular browser automation tool.
- USB powered (5V)
- Tappable area is 140mm x 80mm (Ideal for Nexus 4, iPhone 4, or iPhone 5)
Why would I want this?
Use Tapster to automate apps on mobile devices, such as iPhone or Android. If you're a software developer, any time you change a line of code, you need to check that every important interaction still works in the app on a real device. Sure, you can manually check things yourself, or have your friends and family do it for you a few times, but that gets old quickly. Life is too short for manual testing -- have a robot do it for you!
Main project files can be tracked here:
Follow the robot on Twitter:
Obligatory YouTube action video!:
If you want a Tapster and would rather spend some money to save printing and assembly time, I'm selling the robot on Tindie:
Tapster - Mobile Automation Robot by hugs is licensed under the BSD License license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hugs a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hugs would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).