ultimaker syringe extruder
by joris, published
[sorry these are not the best pictures...]
Recent Commentsview all
I found an unlikely source of "thin extruder nozzle tips". I can verify that chocolate paste from the Jumbo flows nicely trough a 0.6mm nozzle (outside diameter 1mm, 0.2mm walls)
The source are "mechanical pencils" (vulpotlood), not exactly food grade material (well, some people do chew on them) but the supply is plenty-full and the tips are small. Best of all, I got a few at home.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- screw in on top of the ultimaker exruder head
- use the existing plunge or print a new one and use just the rubber
- now the trick: use the filament to push the plunge. For better retraction light the filemant and melt it to the plunge
- play a little with the settings [extruder speed must be a lot slower!] and start with simple shapes
- if the filament grinds, detach it from the plunge, cut 7 cm and melt again
what i still need is an extra thing to attach to the sliding blocks that could hit the end stops. It could be something very simple clicked or screw which you can remove easy when printing 'normal' again.
It should work more or less the same on a makerbot i think.
Let me know...!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.