Cities & knights (expansion for settlers of catan)
by Dakanzla, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This thing contains all parts (exept cards, etc.) for the expansion "cities & knights" for the settler of catan basic game I already made (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1238980).
for the roules check out here: http://www.catan.com/service/game-rules or here: https://kelvsyc.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/r13.pdf
The pieces you need to print:
- 1 x counter for the barbs to attack (S to A)
- 1 x barbarian ship
- 12 x monopoles (3 for each player needed)
- 12 x city-walls (3 for each player needed. There are two types of city-walls in the files. Choose youreself which one you want to print)
- 24 x knights with numbers from 1 to 3 (6 knights for each player needed: 2 x nr.1, 2 x nr.2, 2 x nr.3). The knights with the number 1 are the weakest and the ones with number 3 the strongest
- 24 x crowns to activate the knights (6 for each player needed). To activate a knight put one of the crowns over his body (see pictures)
- 4 x dealers/traders (one for each player needed)
- 1 x boat for the dealer
INTERLOCKING PARTS (NO MAGNETS NEEDED):
If you don't want to use magnets, I have made some interlocking parts for the landscapes here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2035221
Optional city-improvements: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1653105
In the original expansion there is a dealer that can be placed beside a city to be able to trade resources 2:1. Because of the 3d-design its quiet difficult to place the dealer on a ore-field for example, that is very steep. As a solution to this problem I crated a ship for the dealer that can be placed on one of the trading harbours (2:1). For exaple: If you would like to place the dealer on an ore-field near your city to be able to get one resource for two ore, just place instead the dealer with your color and the boat beside the trading harbor for ore. This shows that you are authorized to trade two ore for one other ressource. If someone else gets the dealer, change the color of the dealer in the boat and place it on an other trading harbor.
- traders & barbarians: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:853663
- seafarers: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1393862
- explorers & pirates: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1588996
OTHER SCENARIOS & VARIANTS: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1410173
Big thx to all the designers that helped me to build this expansion with their superbe work
Prusa i3 (hephestos)
Print the small parts with the highest resolution possible.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Cities & knights (expansion for settlers of catan) by Dakanzla is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Dakanzla a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Dakanzla would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).