Raspberry Pi Glass | Wearable Computer
by DomesticHacks, published
This is a project I build for the first Maker Faire in Germany (in Hannover):
The Raspberry Pi Glass (or wearable Raspberry Pi)
Most of the project is printable with a 3D printer, I used gold colored PLA to get a retro futuristic look.
In addition to the printable parts you will need:
- A Raspberry Pi ;-)
- SainSmart 1.8 ST7735R TFT LCD Module: http://bit.ly/sainsmartdisplay
- The kernel module for this display: http://www.whence.com/rpi/
- 2 small plastic or glass lenses
- Small Bluetooth keyboard: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111079678580
- Bluetooth dongle: http://www.ebay.de/itm/290762845726
- USB Powerbank: http://bit.ly/powergenusb
- ~40 brass screws M3x20 (some has to be shortened)
- 1 brass screw M3x30
- 2 brass screws M4x20
- ~50 brass nuts M3
- 4 brass nuts M4
- 2 self tapping screws (must fit through the holes of the Raspberry Pi)
- Artificial or real leather
- A cheap wristwatch
- Acrylic glass (fluorescent for a nicer look)
- 2 5mm UV LEDs and two matching resistors
- A small switch
You will also need some small parts like rivets, cables, USB plugs etc.
I made a video about how it works in detail (in German language only, sorry):
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Raspberry Pi Glass | Wearable Computer by DomesticHacks is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DomesticHacks a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DomesticHacks would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).