Iron Man Arc Reactor
by NBitWonder, published
UPDATE: Added improved Manifolded files (thanks Cryozap!)
A quick, printable arc reactor, similar to the one from the movie Iron Man. This reactor was designed to be quick and easy to print, and includes some home etchable electronics (Eagle Design files also included).
A more detailed post on the build process can be found here: http://nbitwonder.com/blog/2011/10/27/open_source_3d_printable_arc_reactor
I had very limited time in producing this build, and as such there is considerable room for improvement. A few example improvements are listed below:
1) Polar arc traces and layout for the Eagle circuit board (Nice even circular arcs would be ideal)
2) Holes/spaces for the LED slots in the ArcReactorArms.skp model
3) Snap together construction for the ArcReactorCore and ArcReactorArms models
4) Improved ArcReactorBack design (ability to put a belt through this thing instead of running bolts through a T-shirt would be a big step forward)
5) Printable spindle/spider frame structure for the arms in the arc reactor
STL files are provided below; download and print them out. Eagle files are provided for circuit board etching and/or ordering. Glue/bolt/etc. everything together, you know what to do ;-)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Iron Man Arc Reactor by NBitWonder is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure NBitWonder would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).