Iron Man Arc Reactor
by NBitWonder, published
A quick, printable arc reactor, similar to the one from the movie Iron Man. This reactor was designed to be quick and easy to print, and includes some home etchable electronics (Eagle Design files also included).
A more detailed post on the build process can be found here: nbitwonder.com/blog/2011/10/27/open_source_3d_printable_arc_reactor
I had very limited time in producing this build, and as such there is considerable room for improvement. A few example improvements are listed below:
1) Polar arc traces and layout for the Eagle circuit board (Nice even circular arcs would be ideal)
2) Holes/spaces for the LED slots in the ArcReactorArms.skp model
3) Snap together construction for the ArcReactorCore and ArcReactorArms models
4) Improved ArcReactorBack design (ability to put a belt through this thing instead of running bolts through a T-shirt would be a big step forward)
5) Printable spindle/spider frame structure for the arms in the arc reactor
Recent Commentsview all
I don't have a good feel for what "manifold" means (this being my first 3D design ever and mocked up quickly in SketchUp). Shoot me the files at [email protected] and I can update those, however.
AAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is cool and all that, but NOTHING IS MANIFOLD!!!!!
I decided to fix that, though. In MeshLab, I inverted the orientation of all the faces. Then, I used Netfabb Cloud to make the objects solid. If you want, I can email the files to you. Otherwise, I'll just make a derivative of this thing and post the fixed files there.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You must be logged in to post a comment.