Printrbot Hinged Spool Holder
by andersonmatt1125, published
I got inspiration for this from another spool holder, but decided that it needed a hinge for easy loading and unloading of spools. I also sized it to utilize cheap electrical conduit as the solid rod ($3 for 10 ft. at a hardware store). It should fit any printer that uses the same 12mm smooth rods that the printrbot has.
1.This spool holder sits on the smooth rods, so it reduces your max build height. If you need the extra couple mm, just remove it.
- When X carriage is raised up high, don't attempt to home the X axis. The spool holder will hit the extruder motor, and it won't reach the endstop switch. Just make sure not to hit "Home All" when the X carriage is very high.
Simply print out the pieces, glue a piece of conduit into the hinge piece, and attach it all with a 4mm nut and bolt.
The hole for the 12mm smooth rod is slightly oversized. To make it fit snugly, you can wrap a layer of blue painters tape around the rod to slightly increase its diameter. It will fit snugly if you do this.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Printrbot Hinged Spool Holder by andersonmatt1125 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure andersonmatt1125 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).