PrintrBoard compact cooling enclosure
by kharar, published
A protective case for the PrintrBoard Rev.E
Provides cooling of the drivers through simple ventilation ducting
Made for MAXbot (see http://labitat.dk/wiki/MAXbot)
OpenSCAD file is provided in case you want to fiddle or modify to fit other revisions of PrintrBoard
Version 2 provides a wider and deeper cutout for the USB plug plus room for a ISP programming header as well as a few other minor changes.
Slice & print at around 0.15mm layers and hexagonal infill of 20-25%
Attach heatsinks onto the stepper drivers
Attach a 4010 fan and a "fan grill 40mm" (just search for it here on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=fan+grill+40mm) with four M3x15's screwed directly into the case
The enclosure can be attached to it's surroundings by cable ties through the four rectangular holes in the bottom part
- The slot hole for the microSD might be a bit too small, but it's easy to cut away approx. 1 mm from the top part of the enclosure to make a better fit for the card.
- Also you might want to attach a piece of tape to the rear of the microSD card so it will be easier to pull out.
- Hopefully next version of the PrintrBoard will feature "push-to-eject"
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
PrintrBoard compact cooling enclosure by kharar is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kharar a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kharar would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).