RepRap Generation6 Fan Holder and mount for Prusa
by geoffd123, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
There are two parts to this, a plate to mount the Gen6 board on the Prusa top bars, and a fan mount that allows you to mount the fan above that. The fan mount can be used separately.
For the fan the mounting holes are fixed, but the fan aperture hole, thickness and pad height are parameterised so could be adjusted for a different fan size.
There is a third file to print the board to mount and mount to fan spacers. These are optional if you have an alternative. Again these are parameterised to alter height, hole sizes etc.
In the gen6 mount scad file there is an optional line that you can uncomment. This will add a block with a hole though it that can be used as a filament guide.
1) Print mount and / or fan mount.
2) Optionally print the spacers.
3) Put 4 short bolts (3mm x 15) through the fan and install on fan mount.
4) Put 4 long bolts (3mm x 40) through fan plate, add long spacer, insert through Gen 6 board, add short spacer, push through gen6 mounting plate, add nut.
5) Mount Gen6 on your machine. Optionally hold board in place with 2 tie wraps through board slot and around top bar.
6) Wire fan to psu/controller.
7) (Optional) increase your print speed as the board is now cooled. :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
RepRap Generation6 Fan Holder and mount for Prusa by geoffd123 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving geoffd123 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure geoffd123 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).