Enclosure for O2 Headphone Amplifier
by jdslabs, published
This is a printable enclosure for the open source, DIY O2 headphone amplifier, designed by NwAvGuy: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/08/o2-details.html
O2 was designed to fit a Box B2-080 aluminum housing. The front panel of the O2 has two 3.5mm jacks, a power LED, a power switch, gain switch, DC jack, and a volume knob. To actually use the intended aluminum case, you'd need precise tools and machining skills...
This design is an easier DIY solution for the O2. Note that the case body is simpler and narrower than the B2-080 case. The front panel is thus slightly wider than the printable enclosure body, but was modeled to fit both this 3D model, or the actual B2-080 aluminum body.
1) Print one each of the "O2 Case No Hump" and "O2Front for BOX enclosure".
2) Slide finished O2 PCB into freshly printed case.
3) Affix caps to pushbuttons (2x)
4) Secure front panel to case with self-tapping M3 screws. Depending on the calibration and accuracy of your 3D printer, you may need to touch up the holes with an exacto knife to achieve proper fit.
5) Attach volume knob to potentiometer shaft.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Enclosure for O2 Headphone Amplifier by jdslabs is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jdslabs a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jdslabs would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).