RC Airplane Bomb Drop
by foxdewayne, published
The local RC airplane club that I belong to wanted a way to attach a bomb to an airplane and drop it on a target. We will use these as part of a compatition at our fun flys.
I used a piece of 3mm filament for the hinge pins and then melted the ends so they would not fall out. The metal pin that holds the bomb onto the bracket is a 4mm x 50mm bolt that I cut the head off of. The spring in the picture is to give some cushion when the servo motor pulls the nose end against the bomb to hold it on.
The whole thing works like so.
- Mount a micro servo on the main Bracket.
- Attach a servo rod from the servo arm to the nose end bracket. I used z bends on both ends.
- Slide the bomb onto the tail end bracket pin.
- Move the bomb paralle to the main bracket and close the nose end bracket against the nose of the bomb.
And there you go , one bomb loaded and ready to drop. When you open the nose end bracket, it allows the bomb to drop down by gravity and the bomb slides off the tail end pin.
My friends and I have already had a lot of fun with this, and I hope others will as well.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
RC Airplane Bomb Drop by foxdewayne is licensed under the Public Domain license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure foxdewayne would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).