Stead i Cam
by frits297, published
Video of the Stead i Cam in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDLClM5rk5o
The Stead i Cam is designed by Frits Stam en Koen de Greef
features of the Stead i Cam:
- removable / adjustable camera plate
- design incorporates a feet for easy storage
- weight swivels to compensate for an unbalanced camera
- air bubble for leveling the camera
- adjustable handle position with a screw thread which allows for very fine adjustments of the center of mass
- light weight design
This project originated from the urge to create tools that help designers create professional results in times of budget cuts. With â€˜Tools for Designâ€™ we aim to create a community that helps in the development of instruments used in the design process. The Stead-I-Cam is an example of one of these tools. It supports smooth and professional moving video footage. It is created from a single sheet of laser-cut material, making it easy for any student to create and assemble. This open-source project cuts costs for such a professional tool and makes it accessible for every student / diy'er.
We love to see your own Stead i Cam so upload a picture of it!
- get some bearings, lead weight a bicycle steer handle and a gimbal from an rc-store
- laser cut the files on 3mm MDF
- assemble laser cut parts
- balance your steadycam
- go film!