New z-Motor-Holder for the Velleman K8200 or 3Drag
by mstolt, published
The original holder for the z-Axis-Stepper-Motor is a plain aluminium bracket. This bracket let the motor move a bit in z-Axis direction. This movement causes wiggles on the z-Axis of printed objects, because some layers gets compressed and others expanded a bit.
With the new motor holder these wiggles are gone :)
The original inspiration came from a post from "edirol" in the Velleman support forum. Thanks to him. I redesigned it in openSCAD because i wanted to use M3 nuts and bolts to assemble to two parts.
- 4 times M3x12mm screws and 4 times M3 washer to mount the motor
- 4 times M3x20mm screws and 4 times M3 nut to assemble the two pieces together
- 2 additional M5x12mm screws and 2 square nuts to bolt the assembly to the printer frame.
More details on assembly and the used nuts and bolts can be found inside the openSCAD file.
update: I added a shorter version to react on the comment. This has a 12mm shorter baseplate and should work for the original heat bed configuration. Thanks for the remark on this.
Print long and prosper.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
New z-Motor-Holder for the Velleman K8200 or 3Drag by mstolt is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure mstolt would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).