Print in Place FlexiCase
by Gyrobot, published
Printable flexible helicals are the common theme throughout this #backtoschool collection.
- A helical pencil case with rotatable lid that prints in place.
- A helical pencil topper with pocket clip.
- A 15cm ruler that has helical based marking annotation. (What? Dunno see for yourself.)
These would be perfect printed with flexible filament, although as you can see, printed in PLA still gives great results.
Prints without support.
Here is a video of it flexing its muscles
EDIT 16/09/2013: I have just tried to print the case and my printer unscrewed a nut from the extruder and it stopped extruding near the top and failed. However, before it did, I noticed that the pillars were flexing a little higher up into the print. Therefore I have updated the stl with little stiffening ribs between the helix, they can be cut away with a craft knife afterwards.
Designed without breaking the 45deg rule, no support required, tiny bit of bridging which is easily doable.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Print in Place FlexiCase by Gyrobot is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Gyrobot a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Gyrobot would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).