by LucidOne, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
These DIY molded rubber wheels might be perfect for your next robot.
The mold rubber used was Smooth-On part # PMC-121/30 Dry.
The alternate wheel hub will hold the rubber more securely but may be more difficult to print on some printers. The aluminum hub to attach to the motor is not included, but this should work.
More robot related information at http://www.iheartrobotics.com
0) Print two sides, one base and a hub to make one wheel.
1) Sand and seal the sides and base with a clear spray enamel. Do not seal the hub, it should remain porous.
2) Assemble the sides and base with screws, and apply mold release. Do not spray mold release on the hub and do not attach it until after mold release has dried.
3) Mix mold rubber according to manufacturers specifications and pour into convenient funnels mounted on the side.
4) Tap gently to remove air bubbles and let cure.
5) Wait patiently.
Molded Wheel by LucidOne is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving LucidOne a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure LucidOne would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).