Magnetic Tool Holder for Hex Drivers
by LucidOne, published
Regular hex keys are annoying because they are easy to lose and if you have a large number of fasteners to insert or remove, your hands can quickly become sore.
The Wiha hex drivers are a great alternative to hex keys that are worth the money if you are constantly working with socket head screws.
This tool holder fits both metric and imperial Wiha series 263 hex drivers.
Metric Set Part # Size 26307 0.71mm 26309 0.89mm 26313 1.27mm 26315 1.5mm 26320 2.0mm 26325 2.5mm 26330 3.0mm 26340 4.0mm
Imperial Set Part # Size 26307 0.028" 26309 0.035" 26313 0.050" 26316 1/16" 26320 5/64" 26323 3/32" 26327 7/64" 26331 1/8"
Requires four (2 packages) 3/16" rare earth magnets, RadioShack part #64-1895.
1) Print the holder
2) Drill four small holes on the back for the magnets
3) Attach magnets with CA glue. User kicker if needed.
4) If the holder slides around sanding the back a little or adding a thin coat of rubber cement to the back should solver the problem.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Magnetic Tool Holder for Hex Drivers by LucidOne is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure LucidOne would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).