Another HBP Wire Guide
by dnewman, published
This Heated Build Platform (HBP) wire guide is a derivative of Jetty's HBP Wire Guide (Thing 14687),
This derivative has two differences from its ancestor:
- The wires do not need to be disconnected in order to put this guide into use, and
- This guide can be bolted to the horizontal, wooden platform of the HBP -- it does not need a vertical cross member to bolt onto which is a good thing as not all build platforms have convenient cross members).
Note that once put into service, the retaining ring becomes a fully encompassing ring from which the wires cannot escape: the slots which admit the wires into each half of the ring are not aligned. Once the two halves are bonded together, the ring fully encloses the wires.
- Print the part.
- Locate and mark any desired holes to be drilled -- you can use a M3 bolt running horizontally through a vertical cross member (Jetty's original design) or a vertical M3 bolt running through the horizontal wooden platform.
- Drill the hole(s).
- Slip each part around the wires.
- Meld the two halves together using acetone or other solvent or glue them using a glue.
- Slide the guide onto the build platform.
- Bolt down with a M3 bolt and nut (you may need to use pliers to squeeze the nut into its hole in the guide if using a vertical bolt through the horizontal platform).
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Another HBP Wire Guide by dnewman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving dnewman a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure dnewman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).