Another HBP Wire Guide
by dnewman, published
This Heated Build Platform (HBP) wire guide is a derivative of Jetty's HBP Wire Guide (Thing 14687),
This derivative has two differences from its ancestor:
- The wires do not need to be disconnected in order to put this guide into use, and
- This guide can be bolted to the horizontal, wooden platform of the HBP -- it does not need a vertical cross member to bolt onto which is a good thing as not all build platforms have convenient cross members).
Note that once put into service, the retaining ring becomes a fully encompassing ring from which the wires cannot escape: the slots which admit the wires into each half of the ring are not aligned. Once the two halves are bonded together, the ring fully encloses the wires.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Print the part.
- Locate and mark any desired holes to be drilled -- you can use a M3 bolt running horizontally through a vertical cross member (Jetty's original design) or a vertical M3 bolt running through the horizontal wooden platform.
- Drill the hole(s).
- Slip each part around the wires.
- Meld the two halves together using acetone or other solvent or glue them using a glue.
- Slide the guide onto the build platform.
- Bolt down with a M3 bolt and nut (you may need to use pliers to squeeze the nut into its hole in the guide if using a vertical bolt through the horizontal platform).