Another HBP Wire Guide
by dnewman, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This Heated Build Platform (HBP) wire guide is a derivative of Jetty's HBP Wire Guide (Thing 14687),
This derivative has two differences from its ancestor:
- The wires do not need to be disconnected in order to put this guide into use, and
- This guide can be bolted to the horizontal, wooden platform of the HBP -- it does not need a vertical cross member to bolt onto which is a good thing as not all build platforms have convenient cross members).
Note that once put into service, the retaining ring becomes a fully encompassing ring from which the wires cannot escape: the slots which admit the wires into each half of the ring are not aligned. Once the two halves are bonded together, the ring fully encloses the wires.
- Print the part.
- Locate and mark any desired holes to be drilled -- you can use a M3 bolt running horizontally through a vertical cross member (Jetty's original design) or a vertical M3 bolt running through the horizontal wooden platform.
- Drill the hole(s).
- Slip each part around the wires.
- Meld the two halves together using acetone or other solvent or glue them using a glue.
- Slide the guide onto the build platform.
- Bolt down with a M3 bolt and nut (you may need to use pliers to squeeze the nut into its hole in the guide if using a vertical bolt through the horizontal platform).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Another HBP Wire Guide by dnewman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving dnewman a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure dnewman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).