Loading

Paper Towel Holder

by Professor-3D, published

Paper Towel Holder by Professor-3D Jan 2, 2012

Description

AT my day job - there is a Small kitchenette - and this Paper Towel is always on the counter in front of the things you want to get at (like the microwave). And I found that particularly annoying. And, since the co. would not cough up the expense to buy a paper towel holder - I figured this would be the FIRST thing that I would make with my Bot. And, as such - its the one product design of mine that is actually IN USE!

Its been in use (as shown in the picture) for a couple months now. Although - the 1st version - I sold it to one of my coworkers - as that one was a little nicer with a red logo on it - as printed on the Bot. So - this one in the picture was the replacement.

Recent Comments

view all

The military has already been doing something like this for YEARS - on things like Aircraft Carriers which may be out to sea for a Year at a time - although, I believe they use Milling machines to reproduce broken parts in metal.    -K-

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - as I don't get to Thingiverse here that often. Not sure what you meant by the source. The STL file is here - and one can actualy import that file into 3D Apps and modify it. However, I originally created the items in 3DS Max! -K-

Someone should get a Replicator to places that are difficult to get in and out of, such as the base at Antarctica, where worn, broken, or missing parts would be hard to bring in for months at a time.

Liked By

view all
wulfCard1024x768

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

The only caveat is that it does not work for ALL shelves - as it was designed to work on the shelf at my job - to clip under it. There is a Little leaway - as I wanted it to grip. The other deal - is if you print it and it Does work for you - the design flaw is it doesn't always grip quite enough. I need to add a little rubber onto the inside of it - and that would probably do the trick!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

ThePelton on Sep 19, 2012 said:

Someone should get a Replicator to places that are difficult to get in and out of, such as the base at Antarctica, where worn, broken, or missing parts would be hard to bring in for months at a time.

Professor-3D on Nov 3, 2012 said:

The military has already been doing something like this for YEARS - on things like Aircraft Carriers which may be out to sea for a Year at a time - although, I believe they use Milling machines to reproduce broken parts in metal.    -K-

akw on Aug 4, 2012 said:

Great thing you've made here. Any chance you could post the source? I'd like to modify it to attach to a peg board.

Professor-3D on Nov 3, 2012 said:

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - as I don't get to Thingiverse here that often. Not sure what you meant by the source. The STL file is here - and one can actualy import that file into 3D Apps and modify it. However, I originally created the items in 3DS Max! -K-

Top