by SingularityU, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Update -- just printed a new version upside down for much better print resolution!
- Scan face into pointcloud.
- Use Blender 3D to clean the pointcloud (import PLY, export as OBJ)
- Open the cleaned pointcloud in Meshlab and:
- a. Compute normals by Filters > Normals, Curvatures and Orientation > Compute normals for point sets. I used the default settings here.
- b. Then compute a surface using Filters > Point Set > Poisson Reconstruction. For this, use an Octree Depth of 11 but all the other settings as the defaults. This will take 15-30 seconds to compute.
- Once you've got the meshed face, save it as an STL and import it back into Blender. In Blender, add a block to the back of it and export it as an STL.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Andy's Face by SingularityU is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving SingularityU a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure SingularityU would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).