Spacer for SW06UU Linear Bearings
by dnewman, published
This spacer is a derivative work of Thing 14548. I've created this derivative solely for the purpose of providing others with an OpenSCAD description of the part so that they can fine tune it for their particular printer and bearings. That way, a good fitting spacer which won't rattle can be produced.
Also these spacers can be used on the Y-axis carriage as well as the Z-axis. As with the Z-axis, you would be replacing the press-fit adjustable bushings with these linear bearings.
See Thing 14548
To adjust the spacer, you will likely want to change the two parameters EXTRA and t in the OpenSCAD source file. EXTRA sets how large to make the inside hole in the spacer relative to the outside dimension of the bearing. It is a multiplicative factor set to 1.04. Make larger or smaller so as to get a good fit with minimal play. The parameter t is the thickness of your panels. Again, adjust so as to get a good fit.
- Print out four spacers for the Z-axis carriage and two more for the Y-axis carriage if you will be adding linear bearings to it as well. Use the "multiply" section of skeinforge with 3 columns and 2 rows in order to get 6. However, you may first want to print just one as you adjust the fit.
- Slide a spacer onto each bearing. Secure one end with a 9/16" clip.
- Install the bearing and clip on the other end with another 9/16" clip.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Spacer for SW06UU Linear Bearings by dnewman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure dnewman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).