Tricopter - La FraiseVolante (OpenSCAD)
by Oliv4945, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A fully customizable 3D printed tricopter designed thanks to OpenSCAD.
It was my first "big" project in order to try OpenSCAD for such things, all parameters can be changed in the file Variables.scad :)
I tried to add warnings in the log for illogical values but always check after modifications. Also, the rod length will be displayed in the log too... OpenSAC rocks !
The tricopter works well but the documentation is a work in progress. If needed ask me ;-)
I will update files more often in Github
0.2mm layer height
15 to 25% is good
Print, assemble, crash, print again ! :p
With the OpenSCAD file
Assembly.scad the requirements are self explanatory, but ask me if needed and I will update it.
There is 4 categories
- Elements.scad => Contains all elements usefull for design (batteries, ESC, receiver, etc)
- CCC3DBox.scad => A CC3D case I grabbed here. Not tested, I only used it for design
- Assembly.scad => Assembly file, calculates required carbon rod length
- Variables.scad => All parameters should be tunned here
- And files with pieces to print
Parts to print
- armBearingsSeparator_1.stl => 1
- armBearingsSeparator_2.stl => 1
- armHolderFront.stl => 2
- armHolderRearFront.stl => 1
- armHolderRearRear.stl => 1
- basePlateLow.stl => 1
- basePlateMiddle.stl => 1
- basePlateServo.stl => 1
- batteryHolder.stl => 1
- ESCHolder.stl => 2
- feetPropSaver.stl => Optionnal
- motorSupport.stl => 3
- motorSupportFeet.stl => Optionnal
Parts to buy
- 3 Motors - 1806 about 2300 kv. I used DYS BE1806-2300kv
- 3 ESC - 12A. I used 12A Afro ESC
- 5030 propellers. Whatever you find, clockwise and anti-clockwise
- 1 servo motor, the TGY-9025 works fine and I design the support for it.
- 10mm OD holow carbon fiber tube - about 35 cm. I used this one
- Batteries - 3S from 1.3Ah to 2.2Ah. This battery is great, 2.2A works too but it is a bit heavy
- 1 micro receiver. I use FrSky D4R-II 2.4G 4CH ACCST Telemetry flashed in 8 channels CPPM.
- 1 flight controller. I used a cheap CC3D
- 2 bearings - size 10x15x4 mm. Mine are 9.8 inner mm instead of 10, that is why I do not put carbon rod inside but designed a part.
- Video for FPV
- Holder for a Sony 600 TVL
- Video transmitter
- Bluetooth to ease configuration, especially if you but the USB port behind the servo like me (Not recommended :p)
Screws are all 3 mm, mainly 6 an 8 mm long (TBC). You can use metal screws but nylon will save weight, and especially act as fuses. It works well !
There are coments in code to help to understand, but from time to time some names are not explicits. If you change them PR are welcome !
Thank to the Brocopter for some inspiration, especially to add some tape on the rods in order to adjust the motor support.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Tricopter - La FraiseVolante (OpenSCAD) by Oliv4945 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Oliv4945 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Oliv4945 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).