FoldaRap, the Folding Reprap
by watsdesign, published
Version 2.5 released : 21-jul-2015
After 5-7 months of development, I'm now able to travel around the town/country/world with my little folding RepRap ! Which still have a 140x140x140mm build area :D
I started by a folding reprap the size of a Mendel, based on my VertX, then a smaller version more Huxley-transportable, and finally I'm developping this one build with aluminium extrusions. It's the first iteration of the Folding RepRap, which was the world's first foldable 3d-printer (yay!).
(main pic by Belowdesign)
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Go to the wiki !
Mix a bunch of 20x20 aluminium extrusion, some t-nuts, printed parts, shake.
Voilà : a Foldable RepRap !
1) Download Sketchup to see the model assembled, folded, and play with it to get familiar with how it's made.
2) Get the latest version of the .stl from the Github repository
3) Print the parts with your favorite machine (need to be well calibrated)
4) Order the things you need, (look at the BOM), with a preference for local suppliers if you can.
5) Assemble (based on the 3d-model and all the pictures/video on the wiki/flickr)
6) Enjoy to easily travel with your sturdy and foldable reprap :)