FoldaRap, the Folding Reprap
by watsdesign, published
More on the regularly updated wiki : reprap.org/wiki/FoldaRap
More pics/vids on flickr : flickr.com/photos/watsdesign/tags/foldarap/
After 5-7 months of development, I'm now able to travel around the town/country/world with my little folding RepRap ! Which still have a 140x140x140mm build area :D
I started by a folding reprap the size of a Mendel, based on my VertX, then a smaller version more Huxley-transportable, and finally I'm developping this one build with aluminium t-slot extrusions. It's the first iteration of the Folding RepRap.
(main pic by Belowdesign : flic.kr/p/dW6tMP)
Recent Commentsview all
Some of them are in the github repo / souce files / Mendel size, but as I will have more time to design other things I will certainly publish a redesigned model for nema17 :)
I have been looking for the FoldaRap Mondrain size. I saw it had Nema 17 motors and was 2020 extrusions. Is there a link for the files to be printed for that?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Mix a bunch of 20x20 aluminium extrusion, some t-nuts, printed parts...
Voilà : a Foldable RepRap !
1) Download Sketchup to see the model assembled, folded, and play with it to get familiar with how it's made.
2) Get the latest version of the .stl from the Github repository or export them from the Sketchup source file (with the famous guitar-list's plugin : guitar-list.com/download-software/convert-sketchup-skp-files-dxf-or-stl)
3) Print the parts with your favorite machine (need to be well calibrated)
4) Order the things you need, (look at the BOM), with a preference for local suppliers if you can.
5) Assemble (based on the 3d-model and all the pictures/video on the wiki/flickr)
6) Enjoy to easily travel with your sturdy and foldable reprap :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.