Drill press for a Dremel
by mitchnajmitch, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
UPDATE to version V3
- I have updated the rack and slider so it is now better printable. It's split into 5 parts (the slider and 4 bearings caps to hold bearings in place).
- I have updated the clamp that holds the pinion axis so it is more durable.
- I have also uploaded video and some photos of current version.
MAJOR UPDATE - version V2
I have updated the original design of my drill press. Slider mechanism was changed, so it has now 4 contact points with the lead rods, which makes it more stable and eliminates any wobble when drilling. Also the rack was bit shortened and made a bit thicker to accommodate the slider changes. All other parts remains the same. So if you are updating from the previous version of the drill press, you only need to print the rack and slider.
I have also included DXF files for those of you guys, who would like to make top and bottom plates on laser cutter from steel or plexiglass. The top plate has 8mm holes for rods to go through and be fixed by nuts. Holes in the bottom plate should be threaded with M8 screw-tap.
To build this thing you will need:
- 4 pieces of the 8mm smooth rod, 30 cm each (12")
- 4 pieces of the 8mm smooth rod, 10 cm each (4")
- 1 piece of the M8 threaded rod, 15cm long (6")
- 2 LM8UU bearings
- Some springs that fits 8mm smooth rod
- 8 pieces of M8 nuts - less if you use self-locking nuts
- M3 bolts 3x20mm 6x, 4x25mm 4x
- M3 nuts, M3 washers
- And finally - a dremel
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Drill press for a Dremel by mitchnajmitch is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mitchnajmitch a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mitchnajmitch would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).