V9 Extruder Filament Guide 1,75mm
by Tunako, published
The mendel-parts.com V9 1,75mm Hotend/Extruder works reliable with PLA.
Unfortunately 1,75mm ABS filament is softer and more flexible, which can cause some problems.
Sometimes the filament bends before entering the hotend tube and curls up between filament drive and hotend.
This upgrade solves that problem.
1) Configure clearance and hight parameter in scad file, if necessary.
3) Drill out holes:
Middle hole: 5.9mm - 6.0mm
Filament hole: 2.0mm
Side 4.0mm - 4.5mm
4) Disassemble Extruder and attach printed part (see photo)
5) Reassemble extruder, make sure, that the side screws can move freely
6) Make sure, that the filament drive can move freely and has enough clearance
7) Post a comment if you have suggestions
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
V9 Extruder Filament Guide 1,75mm by Tunako is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Tunako would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).