Polargraph DrawBot Spool
by MakerBlock, published
I'm working on building a DrawBot similar to Sandy Noble's awesome Polargraph. http://vimeo.com/24647023
My goal is to use a spool for monofilament line, rather than a beaded cord. This spool is designed to press-fit together on a piece of monofilament line and then press-fit the spool onto the stepper motor shaft.
- Adjust the SCAD file as necessary
- Print the STL
- Press fit the spools together - with a piece of monofilament line stuck into the notch of the spool bottom
- Press fit a spool on each motor
You can follow my DrawBot build log progress on my site:
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Polargraph DrawBot Spool by MakerBlock is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakerBlock a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakerBlock would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).