Loading

Arduino Case

by LucidOne, published

Arduino Case by LucidOne Jan 25, 2010

Description

This is Thing-a-Week #3, previous things can be found here. iheartrobotics.com/search/label/thing-a-week

This is version 0.0 of a modular case for an Arduino and other electronics projects. After testing I am going to look into getting the pieces injection molded in bulk.

They are designed to fit 6 across in a 1U Rack, or 4 across turned the other way.

There is room for most shields, and space in the front of the case for a display circuit board. The end piece with a cutout is designed to hold a 3mm thick plate you can laser or hacksaw out of acrylic, wood or whatever.

I think the Makerbot versions should work if your printer has problems with overhangs. Let me know if I forgot anything.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Recent Comments

view all

A new design is on the way and feedback is needed.
http://www.iheartrobotics.com/...

Thanks

Once the design is finished I'm planning on using kickstarter to get injection molds made and sell them online, and/or through the usual sources as distributors.

The design will need some modifications to make it injection moldable so the vertical surfaces will need a draft angle. Another design change that needs to be made for example is it needs to have mounting points for as many as possible of the standard radioshack protoboards.

I'll probably setup a wiki page just for this in the next week that will have details.

Nice! Do you plan on selling these online when you have them fabricated in bulk? I am in for a few when you do.

--Ed

Makes

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print and give feedback.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

LucidOne on Mar 21, 2010 said:

A new design is on the way and feedback is needed.
http://www.iheartrobotics.com/...

Thanks

rEd86 on Jan 28, 2010 said:

Nice! Do you plan on selling these online when you have them fabricated in bulk? I am in for a few when you do.

--Ed

LucidOne on Jan 28, 2010 said:

Once the design is finished I'm planning on using kickstarter to get injection molds made and sell them online, and/or through the usual sources as distributors.

The design will need some modifications to make it injection moldable so the vertical surfaces will need a draft angle. Another design change that needs to be made for example is it needs to have mounting points for as many as possible of the standard radioshack protoboards.

I'll probably setup a wiki page just for this in the next week that will have details.

Top