Keychain Screwless Heart Gears
by Zh4x0r, published
This is a Keychain version of Emmett's screwless heart gears!
I'm still working on getting the scale right (small enough for a keychain, but big enough to print the details)
As it is, It needs a rather large fan blowing across the print to keep the gears from getting mangled.
Current scaling = .5
All parts are the same except Gear8, which has a hole through the tip for a keyring.
1) Choose where you want the hole
If you want it on the top, print a regular heartgear8, and gear1forkeychain, otherwise do the opposite.
2) Print all the other gears, and the core: BEWARE, THESE ARE VERY CHALLENGING PRINTS! You may need a cooling fan blowing gently on the print, but you have to make sure it doesn't cool the platform too much and pop the print off!
3) print one of each of the pin parts, test fit them, one will fit snugly, and allow the gears to rotate, the other won't, depending on the calibration of your printer.
4) Print the rest of the pins (and probably a few extras)
5) Assemble all the parts
6) Impress your special someone on valentines day with an awesome heart keychain/pendant!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Keychain Screwless Heart Gears by Zh4x0r is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure Zh4x0r would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).