We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
This is a Keychain version of Emmett's screwless heart gears!
I'm still working on getting the scale right (small enough for a keychain, but big enough to print the details)
As it is, It needs a rather large fan blowing across the print to keep the gears from getting mangled.
Current scaling = .5
All parts are the same except Gear8, which has a hole through the tip for a keyring.
1) Choose where you want the hole
If you want it on the top, print a regular heartgear8, and gear1forkeychain, otherwise do the opposite.
2) Print all the other gears, and the core: BEWARE, THESE ARE VERY CHALLENGING PRINTS! You may need a cooling fan blowing gently on the print, but you have to make sure it doesn't cool the platform too much and pop the print off!
3) print one of each of the pin parts, test fit them, one will fit snugly, and allow the gears to rotate, the other won't, depending on the calibration of your printer.
4) Print the rest of the pins (and probably a few extras)
5) Assemble all the parts
6) Impress your special someone on valentines day with an awesome heart keychain/pendant!
Keychain Screwless Heart Gears by Zh4x0r is licensed under the Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure Zh4x0r would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!