Keychain Screwless Heart Gears
by Zh4x0r, published
I'm still working on getting the scale right (small enough for a keychain, but big enough to print the details)
As it is, It needs a rather large fan blowing across the print to keep the gears from getting mangled.
Current scaling = .5
All parts are the same except Gear8, which has a hole through the tip for a keyring.
Recent Commentsview all
Can you put all the pieces in one file to print at once? Some of the screwless cube files do all the internal components in one file and all the external components in another... thanks.
any updates on this? I like the keychain connection on this better than the other one i found (the hoop rather than straight in the heart itself)
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1) Choose where you want the hole
If you want it on the top, print a regular heartgear8, and gear1forkeychain, otherwise do the opposite.
2) Print all the other gears, and the core: BEWARE, THESE ARE VERY CHALLENGING PRINTS! You may need a cooling fan blowing gently on the print, but you have to make sure it doesn't cool the platform too much and pop the print off!
3) print one of each of the pin parts, test fit them, one will fit snugly, and allow the gears to rotate, the other won't, depending on the calibration of your printer.
4) Print the rest of the pins (and probably a few extras)
5) Assemble all the parts
6) Impress your special someone on valentines day with an awesome heart keychain/pendant!
You must be logged in to post a comment.