Balloon Powered Jet Car with Sweet Rimzzz
by thehans, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Since I didn't happen to have any toy wheels just laying around, I designed some to be printed.
Changes from original:
-Added sweet rimzzz
-Exhaust port changed to round hole, increased size to 7mm diameter.
-Wheel mount holes changed to fit small finishing nails
-Added lip to balloon stem
Extra Hardware needed:
4 Small finishing nails (3d 1-1/4")
4 m3 washer or similar tiny size
- Print car and wheels. Use low infill for MAXIMUM POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO!
- Test fit each wheel on a nail to make sure they spin freely. I had to use a fine round needle file to clean the holes a bit.
- Put small m3 washer on nail/axle between wheels and car body. This might not be necessary, but I had some washers and thought it was a good idea.
- Tap nails into guide holes.
- Put a balloon on and have a blast!
I've only printed one of these so far and the nail holes were originally way too small. It was bending the nails trying to hammer them in! I had to drill out the holes a tiny bit for a good fit. I changed the script to make slightly larger holes, so hopefully this will work for other people without the need to drill.
Balloon Powered Jet Car with Sweet Rimzzz by thehans is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving thehans a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure thehans would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).