Loading

Blank Minifig, Jumbo Snap-Together Version

by Skimbal, published

Blank Minifig, Jumbo Snap-Together Version by Skimbal Nov 18, 2013

Description

A Blank MiniFig. Scaled to 4x normal size.

Optimized to be printed on a Desktop 3D Printer, and extensively tested.

This will serve as the bases for a series of upcoming derivatives.

*So hold onto you butts...*

Recent Comments

view all

Hi, did you make this with a CAD SSoftware? can you upload a .stp file ? I want to try to make my own "version"

Thank you

Hey, Awesome model! Many thanks for sharing it here! I got a makerbot rep 2 last week and have printed 2 of these. I'm struggling to print the hip part well though, first print was exact position as per your file (w/supports and rafts), second time i rotated it so it was upside down flat on print base (w/supports and raft) - both times - after i've cleaned the supports off i've managed to snap the centre leg pin part off. It seems really weak the way i'm printing it.... these are my settings; infill 10, shells 2, layer 0.2. I'm really new to printing and no previous experience unit i got this last week, so apologies for the dull questions. Is there something obvious from these settings i'm doing wrong? should i beef up the infill? Is it essential to print this part with supports?
If anyone has printed this part with no probs on a Replicator 2; be great if you could let me know which settings you used, Thanks!

so I can scale theese down to 25% and use them with my actual legos?

More from People

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

**Snap_Hips.stl** and **Blank_Head.stl** need to be printed with support material.

**Hands**
Press the hands into the hand holes in the arms.

**Attach the Arms to the Body**
Press the snap pins out through the Body's arm holes, then press the Arms onto them.

A pair of pliers can be useful for locking the snap pins into place.

**Legs**
Snap the Legs onto the Hips, and press the Hips into the Body.

**Head**
Press the head onto the Body.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Wick3d on Apr 14, 2014 said:

Hi, did you make this with a CAD SSoftware? can you upload a .stp file ? I want to try to make my own "version"

Thank you

Stylecreep on Jan 21, 2014 said:

Hey, Awesome model! Many thanks for sharing it here! I got a makerbot rep 2 last week and have printed 2 of these. I'm struggling to print the hip part well though, first print was exact position as per your file (w/supports and rafts), second time i rotated it so it was upside down flat on print base (w/supports and raft) - both times - after i've cleaned the supports off i've managed to snap the centre leg pin part off. It seems really weak the way i'm printing it.... these are my settings; infill 10, shells 2, layer 0.2. I'm really new to printing and no previous experience unit i got this last week, so apologies for the dull questions. Is there something obvious from these settings i'm doing wrong? should i beef up the infill? Is it essential to print this part with supports?
If anyone has printed this part with no probs on a Replicator 2; be great if you could let me know which settings you used, Thanks!

Shantorian3d on Jan 4, 2014 said:

so I can scale theese down to 25% and use them with my actual legos?

illwill on Dec 10, 2013 said:

2 issues using makerware software, arm pins are facing wrong way and need to be rotated. trying out the hips now, had to use a raft for crotch area because it kept breaking free from platform, hoping the upper portion prints out ok with no supports

Skimbal on Dec 14, 2013 said:

You will need to rotate the parts so the are oriented to print best on your equipment. In the case of a hobbyist FDM machine, that will mean rotating the pins so they are flat on the platform, and rotating the hips backwards so there flat surface is on the build plate. Look at your slicers documentation for instructions on how to rotate and position parts before printing.

Luis on Nov 25, 2013 said:

Is this compatible with the holiday figures? meaning the hat.

Skimbal on Nov 25, 2013 said:

Yes it is. So mix and match away

Smuk3D on Nov 25, 2013 said:

how fine should it printed? 0.1mm?
great work !! like it very much !

Skimbal on Nov 25, 2013 said:

This one is printed at 0.2mm. You can print it finer, but it will take longer.

Anonymous on Nov 22, 2013 said:

Awesome stuff, printing right now (at least the parts I still can fit in before I have to leave the printer until sunday ;))

cfeniak on Nov 22, 2013 said:

Note: I had to rotate the arm pin stl as it was uploaded with the 2 pins vertically stacked. (I am using slic3r)

larrym3848 on Dec 1, 2013 said:

Can someone repost the arm_pin.stl file with them horizontal? I am using KISSlicer and I can't seem to find a way to do that. Thanks very much in advance.

cfeniak on Nov 22, 2013 said:

Print is in the works, looking great so far.

drjinglespsyd on Nov 21, 2013 said:

This is by far the best snap fit thing I have printed yet. The pins worked perfect first try, even in my less-than-perfect PLA settings. Cant wait to start on the accessories. Nice work!

cyclone on Nov 20, 2013 said:

"hold on to you butts"
Can we expect to see a Samuel L Jackson minifig (I hope I hope I hope)
Not even sure what that would even be. :-)

Good to see you posting stuff again. Excellent job as always.

neogeek on Nov 19, 2013 said:

Jaw dropping amazing. Seriously awesome work on this and the kit that goes with it.

nickthetait on Nov 18, 2013 said:

I can envision LOTS of people making this. Thanks for publishing!

Top