by ranjit, published
After I added the tapered mouthpiece to the whistles, and with the hotdog-red ABS, these things remind me of a toy <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienermobile">wienermobile</a> I used to have. Thus the name.
This panflute is slightly more practical than the one it's derived from. The curved shape is easier to use than the circle, and I added a bit of taper to the mouthpiece to make it easier to blow on a single whistle. Still not a practical musical instrument, though!
This one has a diatonic scale (CDEFGABC) instead of chromatic like the other one. I had to learn the OpenSCAD lookup() function for that!
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
It took about 15 minutes in skeinforge and 3.5 hours to print on a Thing-o-matic with 1.8mm filament. A few of the pipes are leaky at the top end, so they don't play well unless I cover them up. This didn't happen with the spiral panpipes-- Perhaps this is because i reduced the infill from 15% to 5%.